Saturday 13 December 2014

A Cold Start & Advent Update


What a frosty start to the day this morning.  A thick frost lay on the ground when I woke up and it has hardly lifted all day.  Quite dark by 3.30pm too so I can hardly wait for 21st December when it will be Winter Solstice and the shortest day.  Then we'll know we have turned a corner and are heading in the right direction for Spring (as far as the light levels are concerned anyway).

As I was stuck at home, I took the opportunity to catch up with some housework and ironing which really warmed me up, the bonus being no heating required!  We had our LPG tank topped up on 2nd Dec (so that's where my £100 heating allowance has gone :) but it should be enough to keep us going until the new year if we are careful what we use.  I have a dread of running out when the snow comes, as there would be no hot water for showers, so last winter we bought an oil filled radiator as back up if the worst happens and we start to run low on LPG.  We could then heat the house with the electric fire in the living room and the electric radiator in the bedroom, conserving the LPG for hot water.  It pays to think ahead!

I have a bit of catching up to do so my reverse Advent gifts:

#11


#12

 
Both to the charity shop
 
#13
 
DH had taken the car to work so I couldn't go very far therefore I have put some change into the Air Ambulance box as my gift for today.
 
 

 
They do some marvellous work and it costs £2,500 each time the helicopter is called out.

Wrap up warm now...and thanks ever so for popping in x

2 comments:

  1. it certainly has been a chilly one today
    twiggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been a very frosty day here too, it only melted where the sun shone the rest is still there, feels like another cold night tonight. I like your gift for today, Well done! I like to support our Yorkshire Air Ambulance :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx