Sunday 31 May 2015

Rescuing Fairies and Entertaining Tiddlers

Firstly let me welcome Meg, my new follower, I do hope you enjoy my mad ramblings :)

This last week has flown by in a whirl of activity amidst rain, sunshine and much sniffling (mine).  Tuesday night saw me totally sleepless for some reason.  I was tired when I went to bed but just couldn't drop off to sleep.  By 4.45am I gave up, got up, made myself a mug of tea and, when by 6.30am I began to nod off in the armchair, went back to bed and slept until noon.  What a waste of a day.

As it was half term the GC came for the day on Thursday.  They prepared their own lunchtime pizzas with lots of tomato puree, pepperoni, yellow peppers, chopped up tomato (they refuse to eat sliced ones...eh?...) and lots of grated cheese....


 
They even made a small smiley one especially for Grumpy Gramps...their pet name for OH  ;)


As they had made and cooked them themselves they ate every scrap plus a bit of salad which I let them pick from my pot in the garden and wash in a bowl in the sink.

Next came 'cooking' a very loose description of the no-cook sweet things!  First milk chocolate was melted in the microwave....



Then dark chocolate....


Both kinds were layered in tiny shot glasses and a plastic spoon inserted, then they were chilled in the fridge....

 
 
A topping of mini marshmallows was added and 4 of the finished choc pots nicely wrapped to take home and impress Daddy......


                                                   

All it needs is one little choc block stirred into hot milk to make an amazing hot chocolate.  Needless to say they tried one each before they went home that evening....  Chocolate covered cornflake cakes were also on the menu and which mainly disappeared before the next day!
 
 
Rescuing Fairies

My kissing fairies have been on the operating table, well, kitchen table actually, but following advice from fellow bloggers....


I took the top bit apart (quite easy when you pluck up the courage to try it)....


And found the battery.....


I had a bit of a brainwave and decided to try an ordinary battery in it because it could have been a broken bulb and not a spent battery, couldn't it?  Success!  The light came on so I ordered some solar power batteries from the good old internet (6 for £4.95) which arrived amazingly quickly, one has been popped in and, with the switch set to 'off, ' has been outside charging in the bit of sunlight we have had between showers.  Tomorrow, 48hrs later, will be the big SWITCH ON....a bit like Blackpool Illuminations, I hope anyway, so watch this space..  :)

How has your week been?  How did you occupy your children / GC  over half term?  I hope all you teachers are well rested and ready for the rest of term.  Just think, it won't be long until the summer break :)

Have a lovely week ahead x

1 comment:

  1. Oh - I hate that feeling of frustration when sleep just doesn't happen. Sorry to read that you had a bad night/day last week. The Grumpy Gramps Pizza is really sweet tho. Jx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx