Sunday 13 December 2015

Free Stuff and Sleepless Nights

Last night was another of those miserable nights when I go to bed tired but end up awake for hours.  I dropped off in the early hours only to be woken by OH banging about in the kitchen cooking his bacon breakfast and switching appliances on and off as noisily as possible, well that's what it sounds like anyway.  The kitchen is right next to the bedroom and my head is close to the dividing wall so I hear everything. He works every Sunday so feels he needs to wake me up too :(  Thank heavens he has tootled off and I can come to a bit more slowly.

After braving the rain yesterday (it was very cold having been spoilt with the mild weather so far) I decided that I might as well get a few more bits for the Christmas food store whilst I was out.  I dipped into my savings pot....


....and bought a couple of bottles of wine for the rack, some frozen scampi tails (on offer) and stocked up on enough pickles and sauces to last until new year and beyond.  That's another few things crossed off my list.  I am trying to stockpile as many non-food essentials as I can (within my normal budget, of course, otherwise it would be a pointless exercise) so that I can spend a minimal amount each week out of the food budget in 2016 and save the rest towards our holidays.  There is still so much of the British Isles to explore and now we have the caravan we want to go away as much as possible whilst we are fit enough to do it.  Each year brings more aches, pains and stiffness and we need to get a wriggle on!

I remembered that I had some loyalty points to spend on my Boots card so got these. I love the smell of the Aussie shower stuff but it's quite expensive, over £3 even on offer so will enjoy using this one.  Talc seems to have gone out of fashion but I do like a little sprinkled here and there after a shower :) The tiny hand gel is useful to keep in my handbag for when out and about with the GC. 
Total cost: FREE ! 



The afternoon was spent knitting in front of a warm fire and I managed to finish the second front of my cardigan, just the sleeves to go.  Somehow a hot chocolate found it's way into my tummy at the same time ;)

Right...now the order of the day is: get off  the PC, shower, dress, do the ironing (groan...) then I can do some more knitting (yay!)

Stay warm and safe everyone and thanks everso for popping in x


6 comments:

  1. Put your feet up and relax and have one of those bottles of wine. We hope to get out and about more next year, holidays are important, I am happy to live fruagally in between to pay for the fun bits.

    I love Aussie shampoo, I didn't realise they had a shower product, I shall have to look into that one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Aussie shower smoothie is wonderful! It smells great and leaves my skin feeling smoother than a smooth thing...lol! It really does!

      Delete
  2. oh dear, I have ironing too. Mine may have to wait till the morning. I have not bought the Aussie shampoo for ages, I hardly ever use shower gel, I like to be in and out of the shower as fast as possible so just a good dollop of shampoo does it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I gave up work I've used cash for pretty much everything. It's lovely to watch bits and bobs of spare change build up for plans in 2016. Have a good week. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted a comment earlier but then the laptop decided to do a big Win10 update and the comment was lost, grrr!! Just wanted to say thank you Angie, I received the lovely notebooks and even lovelier handmade card this morning - they are beautiful, thank you so much, especially the card. I'll take photos and put them on my blog later. That's if laptop will let me.....it's being sluggish and temperamental since the update finished. I hope you managed to catch up on some sleep, and thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome, Sooze, I'm glad you like my card too :) Windows 10 is just eating our download allowance in chunks as it has such big updates every time we switch on. Oh and, yes, I had a much sounder night's sleep last night, thank you x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx