It's been 17 weeks since OH had his tooth extracted and he still has a hole in his gum, albeit a tiny bit smaller. He went to his follow up appointment and they have booked him in for another check up (no treatment given) for 30th January 2018! He is totally fed up with the whole experience and I'm heartily sick of having to keep wiping water splashes off the bathroom mirror after his swooshing the cavity out 3 times a day still. It's looking increasingly likely that the hospital is waiting for the gum to heal itself. It's a very slow process.....
I can report some success with my decluttering and eBaying this month, thank goodness. I listed some of my lovely glass which I couldn't sell at the car boot for more than tuppence halfpenny and have sold 4 pieces for a total of £120 minus fees...yay! I really needed the cash this month so I am really pleased with the result. There is a new baby in the family so £20 is winging it's way off to the family in a HM card.
Frugal In Derbyshire has been requesting eBay-ing tips in her post. I've been selling on there for about 15 years now and find it very useful for me as no one needs to come to my home to collect stuff unless I allow it (as in the case of heavy or bulky stuff).
- At the moment Royal Mail have a half price promotion for medium parcels weighing between 2 and 5 kgs so now is the time to sell bulky stuff and post it out.
- For newly registered eBayers it might be a bit of a faff to get your account up and running as they need so much info these days and remember....it's free to list a certain number of items but they take 10% of a sale price including postage & packing so do remember to cost it in.
- Save all kinds of sturdy boxes ready to post your item in. It's very frustrating to find you've sold something and don't have an appropriate box.
- I ask the supermarket staff if I can have the loose bubble wrap in fruit display boxes (ONLY the loose stuff, I don't want to whip it all out and damage the fruit!) It's great to fill spaces and save money. No one has ever refused me yet.
- Good photographs are a must, you are allowed to put 12 in a listing.
- Be totally honest with your description and take time to describe your item accurately.
UNDER THE WEATHER
On a different subject, I have still been feeling 'under the weather' so I gave in and rang for an appointment with my GP last Wednesday. I couldn't be seen until the following Monday morning :? but I have had blood tests taken for liver & kidney function, ovaries and thyroid as a starting point. Watch this space......
I have a stall at the craft fayre again tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath for any useful takings. It's fun anyway.... :)
Have a great weekend folks wherever you happen to be, take care x