Tuesday 19 December 2017

I Have It Nailed (I hope!)

We had to go into town today to go to the bank and I happened to pop into m & s.  All items in a big section right by the door were half price! I got some super pyjamas for my friend's January birthday for £12.50 instead of £25 plus a lovely bag of toiletries for £8.  I was well pleased.  Loads of little bitty things were on at £3 or £4 pounds  each so I nabbed a couple to put in the 'emergency gift' drawer.

The freezer is full to bursting, the cupboard is full of tins and packets and I have £10 left to buy the fresh salad stuff at the weekend.  Phew! The budget worked well this year ;). All bills have been settled right up to the end of the year.  The LPG has been topped up and paid for too so we can now relax into the festivities.

Our Christmas will run like this (all being well)

Christmas day: a lazy start and a cooked breakfast, no turkey dinner for us, we don't want one.  Afternoon over to DD who will have cooked and eaten their own turkey dinner.  I will be taking something for dessert at teatime.  We will arrive before the Queen's speech so that we can listen / watch it together, then games, laughter, a glass of wine and a buffet tea at around 6pm with lots of nibbles and salad.  Home latish (for us) Cue: a good night's sleep;)

Boxing day: DD and family to us mid morning, pub lunch in the village (our treat) so that we can all have a good walk there and back. Home for coffee, more wine, mince pies and whatever else takes our fancy.  Buffet tea at 6pm ish with more laughter and high jinx! 6.30pm the two tiddlers and the two 'big boys' can watch Jurrassic Park on TV whilst DD and I wash up.  Relax......and BREATHE

 I will let you know if it all goes according to plan !

Are you ready yet?  Stressed or de-stressing?

We are going to the church carol service on Thursday evening and I'm looking forward to it very much.

Take care everyone x
,


13 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have everything covered great purchases and a plan for Christmas. We aren't having Christmas dinner. I'm going to go to M&S and find a ping dinner and then its TV for us. A lazy day maybe a walk if we feel like it. Our Christmas family day will be Boxing Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Marlene, happy Christmas to you and your family x

      Delete
  3. It all sounds absolutely lovely and quite relaxing.
    Well done on the bargains.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Bargains!! Sounds like you will have a wonderful Christmas spent relaxing with family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds amazing. Great bargains. The supermarkets are all competing with cheap veg so hope you get lucky with some bargain salad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you're very well organised and your Christmas will be a lovely time for you and your family. I'm list writing today in the hope I get everything done in time for Monday. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely when you start to find last minute bargains. It sounds as if you've got a really nice (not TOO crazy!) Christmas planned with a good balance of space and company. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed our carol service this year as I was called on to babysit my grandkids. Congratulations on being super organized!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No Turkey here either, just a normal roast shoulder of pork with lots of crunchy crackling late afternoon. Breakfast will be eggs Benedict on toasted seedy bread. I never stress over Christmas, I know that it is coming and am prepared. Let me have your address and I will send a bag off to you. I will not publish the comment, or you can email me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx