Sunday 13 May 2018

Lily Beetles And Craft Fair Results

Janice from Jan's Jabber asked if the beetles I spoke about in my last post are red, as her lilies have been decimated by them.  I replied as follows:

"Yes, Janice, they are. Although perfectly easy to spot they drop off the plant when you try to catch them and multiply like mad. Hubby has tried to solve the problem by only growing lilies in pots. Last year he took them up and washed every bit of soil off the bulbs under the outside tap, then potted them up in fresh compost. It has helped enormously as you can see from the photo but we still have to be on high alert. Perhaps try digging yours up and washing them if there are still any bulbs left? I do hope so."



Perhaps the reply above might help someone else.  It also pays to look under the leaves and clean off anything sticking to the underside.  Good luck!

Well, yesterday was a beautiful day with a cool wind but it was lovely and sunny and it was the Craft Fair...yay! The turnout wasn't amazing but I made £13.50 after paying the cost of the table and made more friends, which was lovely.  I'll add the total to my Stash to Cash challenge.  It's going to be a long haul but the total is creeping up.  I'll soon need to buy more adhesive but I still have plenty of other stuff to use up.  Bob, the organiser, has a habit of snapping photos when you least expect them :/  I'm not photogenic at the best of times but I always look enormous in them.  I never seem to be able to dodge him! In this one I'm the one on the far left who looks like she's praying!



Anyway the total now stands at Stash to Cash £53.40  Onward and upward, dear friends!

Stay safe everyone and thanks so much for popping in x

10 comments:

  1. As my mum always said 'every little helps'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately there always some kind of pest waiting in the wings to have a juicy takeaway. I hate cabbage white with a vengeance. No sooner have my greens started to glirush then along they come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only pest that I have to do daily battle with is the slug, in all it,s varieties. I do a nightly pick and they all get dropped into a bucket of salt water. The fair looks very colourful, there is nothing like that close to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get snails too, Pam, I tried dropping them into a bucket of water but they crawled out, yuk. Perhaps salt is the key? They ate a lot of my strawberries last year.

      Delete
  4. Slow but steady cash gain, as long as you are enjoying it that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy it, MM, and you are right!

      Delete
  5. What a shame you didn't make a bit more, but it's all cash in the pot so that's good. I don't think you look enormous at all, but I sympathise anyway, I also hate having my photo taken (if I was a skinny young thing I don't suppose I'd mind!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze, for your kind words :) I wouldn't mind being skinny either but that's never going to happen :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx